Friday, March 11, 2011

Does Anyone Care What Celebrities Think About The Earthquake/Tsunami?

This is in response to a particular story I saw on Yahoo! this morning.

Apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to take a bunch of twitter posts from celebrities and make a story about it.

Who gives a shit what celebrities think about this developing disaster? I mean, really.

Of all the things that a news organization could be devoting its time to at this moment, randomly picking celebrity tweets about a disaster is just asinine.

Because there are only a few things that they can say. You know, stuff like their thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan and the other parts of the region affected by this tragedy. I don't think anyone outside of a particular segment of political or religious punditry would say something controversial about what is happening in Japan now. I know someone, somewhere will, but I doubt it will be a celebrity on Twitter.

When celebrities are holding a fundraiser for relief efforts, then talk about it. Until then, I wouldn't bother printing what they have to say about the matter.

(And yes, I could be doing something more important than bitching about this, I fully admit).

No comments: