Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The New Yorker and Paul Haggis vs Scientology

Well, I've been waiting for this day for a while.

I knew that Paul Haggis was eventually going to spill some more dirt on his time with Scientology. But I wasn't prepared for The New Yorker to devote so much space to the matter as well because it isn't just about Haggis, but the sins of Scientology going way back.

I'm very happy seeing this kind of anti-Scientology press, truly I am. I am impressed by the depth of reporting present.

Read Paul Haggis Vs. Scientology... it is utterly fascinating, and I can't believe some of the people who actually talked to the reporter.

3 comments:

Kal said...

I totally agree with you. This was a fascinating article. It was so good that I imagine there will be much blowback from Scientology. That prick of a cult doesn't play nice with anyone. I hope that this is the start of it's downfall but I know enough about Scientology to know that is not very likely. For an evil organization they are right out of a comic book.

Semaj said...

I'm going to read this after class, thanks for the find.

I'm thinking about posting that story that a certain popular videogame series is and has made fun of the Church as well. But, the creator of the series says that's not the case. but the cult ends in a "ology"

MC said...

Kal: Well, that's what you get when a science fiction writer comes up with a relgious-type organization. They are never benevolent.

Semaj: It is a load of reading, but I knew you'd be a very interested party.