Thursday, February 03, 2011

Dog Walking Tip For Everyone

I wish I didn't have to learn this one the hard way.

If you have a medium to large sized dog and you walk them with a Halti/Gentle Leader and an extendable length leash, and they happen to get out of the device and they start to dash... you are going to reflexively going to want to grab the leash line.

I implore you, don't do this.

You see, the above scenario just took place, and I ripped up the skin on two of my fingers and rope burned a nice long line across my palm.

Ouchie.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh man, that sucks!

I've suffered from 'lead burn' before and I know how unpleasant it can be ...

Alice said...

Be careful next time, would only like to say that prevention is better than cure.

MC said...

Tracey: Most of my wounds are healing nicely, though my one finger is still rather nasty looking... it is healing but it isn't pretty.