Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tut Tut Tut, Condé Nast

As a Canadian, I am prepared to pay more for things. I've learned to live with it. But even with that expectation (one which exists despite how strong our dollar is now), you can push me a little too far.

For instance, I was looking at getting a subscription to Wired Magazine, and they priced it at 40 dollars for 12 issues. That seemed fair.

But I got curious, and I decided to see what Americans were getting. I really shouldn't have done that.

3 Year subscription: 36 dollars and you get a free t-shirt
A 1-year subscription is $10 (with a T-shirt too).

Let's just say after seeing that differential, I am not inclined to subscribe. Especially since I know just how much more it costs to send such items to me than it does to Americans. It certainly isn't four times as much. I might have been willing to go twice as much... but bending Canadians over a table like that is a dick move.

So in short, Condé Nast can blow me, because just for that move, I am not buying their magazines at the newsstand anymore either.

No comments: