Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 46: Pageant of the Transmundane

A man in Pennsylvania was arrested for public drunkenness for trying to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to a long dead opossum along a rural highway. I am thinking he'd have to be pretty drunk, because I wouldn't bring my lips near road kill or a possibly living opossum for any amount of money.

Anyway, sometimes it is a grand sweeping weirdness... and sometimes simplicity and elegance of presentation wins the day.

The latter category of subdued though still strange subject matter has done just that this week.

This week's winner is from Burbanked.

Alan has been creating these little vignettes of Sean Connery saying seemingly mundane things, but he has been presenting them in such a way that it turns into magic. Take a gander at his first effort.

And because this week's entry has to do with Sean Connery, I went with an old stand by... Homer tackling a Connery-like Bond figure from the episode "You Only Move Twice".



Congrats Alan. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

This is not a meme. This is an award that I give out, and thus, I am not "tagging" you.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Burbanked said...

Yah! Thanks, dude!

MC said...

You earned it.