Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 32: Pageant of the Transmundane

A doctor at an Australian university is admonishing Santa Claus as being a bad influence on children by encouraging obesity and drunk driving. So, what, he wants Santa to go on a diet and to start doing pilates? OK... I guess that could happen...

This week's winning entry comes from the blog Please Simplify, a blog with a mission statement that is evident in their title... they want to see simplified things... logos and such.

In the winning entry this week, the crew over at that blog put together two very succinct versions of two films, and as you know, doing the legwork yourself nets a lot of points when it comes to making these decisions.

The two movies they shrunk down like Reducto were The Sixth Sense and Mars Attacks!, and I was impressed by how well they managed to keep the general themes together.

And since this week's winning entry has to do with humans fighting aliens, well, Homer fighting Kang on Jerry Springer seemed to be well in keeping with the spirit of this week's award.



Congrats to both Jarrod Barretto and Paul Sahre for this stellar effort.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

3 comments:

Arjan said...

this could help me finish the top 100 movie list of the last decade for every year in a decent amount of time

Jarrod Barretto said...

Thanks a lot, Matt. Also don't forget the one I did for Milo and Otis, at the bottom of this post:

http://pleasesimplify.com/2009/12/06/alliteration/

Take care.

MC said...

Arjan: Abbreviated movies are an idea whose time has come (I myself have enjoyed seeing Death Proof the way I have, always catching it near its second act).

Jarrod: Hope your site succeeds beyond your wildest dreams.