Monday, November 02, 2009

Express Checkout: Southland, Leno, Gaga

- TNT has rescued the NBC drama Southland from NBC's cancellation scrap heap. If they get to run the episodes that are already in the can (as the show was cancelled before it aired a single episode this season), TNT made an awesome move, one which might benefit the series as well with the network's solid cable ratings and emphasis on drama. For those of you who were upset that Jay Leno pushed this series aside, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

- Speaking of which, Jay Leno has stated that if NBC was to offer him the hosting duties of The Tonight Show once again, he would take them up on the offer. I don't know about you, but I think the fact that Leno is stinking up an hour of prime time every week night seems to indicate that he might be willing to do anything to get that slot back. Part of me wonders if David Letterman would have taken a 10PM slot on NBC after Jay got The Tonight Show?

- Lady Gaga has plans to release a collector's edition of her first album with a book that has a lock of her hair in it. Outside of people who might want to kill her with with a magical curse and a stalker or two, who really wants a hunk of Lady Gaga's hair... I mean, really. I should also note that aside from a little bit of Let's Dance, I can honestly say that I haven't heard a thing she has sang... I feel fortunate.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

go watch the latest Southpark episode (whale wars) and you'll hear Cartman's version of a Lady Gaga's song..just brilliant.

MC said...

And break my streak of not hearing one outside that little bit? Do I have to?