Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 24: Pageant of the Transmundane

A man was arrested in Virginia this week after a woman who was trespassing on his property spotted him naked in his own home. I will say that another way. A woman had a dude arrested after she did a little peeping on him. How does that work again? If the roles were reversed, would this still be going down this way?

Anyway, the winning entry this week comes to us from the fertile and artistic shores of Blow at Life.

The entry in question made me question my sanity a little bit, but in a good way. It is a giant bear robot attacking a city in marker and trust me, it is as cool as it sounds. I want to see this happen just to hear the news people try to come to terms with it.

And since this week's Pageant of the Transmundane winner is related to creatures controlling robots from the inside, an image of Homer sitting inside his own homemade fighting robot seemed to be the most appropriate image.



Congratulations Lawrence. Here is your web badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: