Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 23: Pageant of the Transmundane

I know I said I wasn't going to be blogging this week, but the Pageant of the Transmundane has always been the exception to that. I mean, I sort of have to recognize the oddity that blogging brings to light... and I can't shrink from that responsibility.

This week's winning entry comes from the relatively new blog Awesome Robot!

What little nugget of strange and wondrous material did I find there? Well, conceptually, it all starts with Stalin Zombies, and it just gets weirder from there. When Gorbachev shows up, it is almost as if the whole thing reaches a transmundane critical mass.

And since this has to do with zombies, once again I went to the well and found yet another picture of Homer Simpson as a Zombie... this time in tattoo form.



Congrats go out to Sirio B, who also recently started a blog called Snack Overload! which seems quite interesting (even if I don't have access to most of the food that he discusses along with his partner).



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

that was óne hell of a good reason to break the pause!

It sounds a bit alike system of a down at times.

Maven said...

I'm lovin' that Zombie Homer!