Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 22: Pageant of the Transmundane

A woman in the Houston area came home to discover that a pitbull had broken into her house and was playing with her dogs. The suspect pooch was quickly apprehended, however, not before doing a lot of damage to her house and soiling her floor. It is unknown if the dog was named Marley or Snots, but inquiries are surely being made.

This week's winning entry comes for the rather professional outlet TV Munchies at Comedy.com. I try to avoid blogs that are a little too professional, but in this case, I had to make one of those rare exceptions.

I encountered a post called 15 Ladies who would look better with a mustache, and it had me rolling, especially since some of the explanations do make a lot of sense. I am not going to tell you which one to me seemed spot on, but trust me when I say, the explanation makes the case indeed.

And since this week's winning entry is about mustaches, well, it seems highly appropriate to have a picture of Homer sporting facial hair beyond his five o'clock shadow.



Congrats to the crew at TV Munchies for this hilarious collection of mustached ladies.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

freaky in a funny way? funny ha ha? Not so much.