Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is it just me?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is weird that the movie Shorts is being marketed as from the director of Spy Kids, but not mentioning Robert Rodriguez at all.

I wonder if the use of his name indicates that the movie is full of Danny Trejo, gunplay, blood, gore, murder and all that other wonderful stuff that he is known for and the use of the line "from the director of" is meant to indicate that it is indeed a film for the kids, which he is also becoming known for.

I guess the point where the rubber meets the road is going to be when Machete is released and if it is marketed as "From the director of Planet Terror and Sin City".

2 comments:

Dalton J. Fox said...

Strangely enough, you're not the only one who noticed this. I was thinking the exact same thing just a day or two ago.

MC said...

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.