Friday, July 31, 2009

Week 12: Pageant of the Transmundane

A man was arrested this week after assaulting another player during a Monopoly game. As someone who has played that game, I think the man has a rock solid defense... I mean, Monopoly would make a game between Martin Luther King, Ghandi and the Dalai Lama break out into fisticuffs and rowdyism.

Anyway, this week's winning entry comes to us from a blog that as of late, has really been throwing the heat.

I am of course talking about Funktards.

And if you've seen some of the other things that have won from that site, you know that the winning entry is going to be weird, and this one lives up to that standard.

You see, someone got it into the mind to superimpose Hank Hill's head on a picture. A SFW picture mind you... and it became creepy. Creepy is underselling it really. Stuff of some wicked television inspired nightmare. Yeah, I think that conveys the horror that particular picture elicits.

I know that I'll never be able to watch King of the Hill the same way again.

And since this week's winning entry has to do with King of the Hill, well, it seemed fitting that I have an image with the Simpson and the Hill families hanging out. I wanted to get a shot of Hank Hill sitting in the stands of a football game in Springfield, but Homer wasn't in the shot for any of those frames, so this is the next best thing.



And here is your badge Dalton and Duke.



And since this is Funktards third Transmundanity Award in less than a year, they have also won the Transmundanity Triple Crown. Congrats.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Arjan said...

you couldn't have described it any better...thanks :S

Dalton J. Fox said...

Thanks for the recognition, MC. Been busy over the weekend and haven't got to make the rounds, so I'm just seeing this.

Duke Van Damme said...

Indeed, much appreciation for the recognition, MC. Too bad none of us will ever be able to look at Hank in the same way. Ever again.

MC said...

Arjan: Sorry for the psychic scarring.

Dalton: No worries.

Duke: I will submit it could have been worse. It could have been Kahn's head.