Friday, May 15, 2009

Year 4: Week 1 Pageant of the Transmundane

There is cocaine, amphetamines and LSD in the air of Madrid and Barcelona. I can't make this kind of stuff up. It makes me wonder if the Los Angeles basin is a huge hot box... because there has to be a lot more drugs floating around in the smog there than in Spain. You know it has to be true.

Anywho, this week's winning entry comes to us from the fertile shores of Semaj's Blog Your Blog.

So what did James do to win this accolade this week? Well, he posted a story about a weird celebrity related item that has actually been seen in the wild.... Jeff Foxworthy's Beef Jerky. There is an easy "you might be a redneck" joke here, but I am not going to go that route. Instead, it makes me question the integrity of Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader because do you really want the host of the game show to be on to be able to give you his own Beef Jerky as a consolation prize? I didn't think so.

And because this week's winning entry has to do with beef jerky, I thought a picture of Homer and Bart making beef jerky would be the most appropriate. I don't know what is worse... the fact that there is actually such an image from the show, or that I knew enough to actually look for and find it. That is a tossup really.



By now, you likely know the drill. Here is your web badge.



And don't forget, the 3rd Annual Transmundanity Awards will be presented this week with some new categories.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Well, considering the herbal fragrance drifting over the neighbor's fence at the moment...

Semaj said...

Thank you for the award. I'd like to thank you, Jeff Foxworthy and his Beef Jerky.

I still don't have the guts to buy a bag yet. My experience with Steven Seagal's energy drink still haunts me today.

You have to wonder if he sells these bags during his shows. I'm sure he carts them around with him where ever he goes.

MC said...

Megan: It could be so many other odors... remember that.

Semaj: I don't have the guts to eat any form of jerky really. But I am sure that Foxworthy does take a few boxes of that with him to merchandise. He probably makes Bill Engvall sell it at his shows too.