Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 2: Pageant of the Transmundane

What's the weirdest story I encountered this week? Well, how about the tale of a toddler who accidentally bought a earthmover on an online auction site with a few clicks of the mouse... you know, the full sized kind. I know it might be fun to play with in the sandbox, but I guess the cleanup would be a bitch.

This week's winning entry comes to us from Deglazed, and it was a self-nomination (which is something I wish more people would do).

Matt wrote about a chip flavor contest in Britain which featured some very odd choices. Particularly the 6th entry. Oh my yes. That one is freaky.

And knowing this week's winning entry had to do with chips, well, I could have went with Homer floating around in the Space Shuttle while trying to eat a bunch of loose ridged chips, but I thought that was too easy. So instead, I went with something a little different, but equally appropriate. I thought it was funny at least.



Congrats Matt. Here is your badge.




The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Arjan said...

I just sent the link to a friend of mine who once worked on new tastes of chips (currently he works on soups)..I warned him never to come up with something like #6 :P

Matt said...

I am honored to receive this award for the second time, and I will display my badge with honor! (Oh yeah, and the winner has been announced in the contest, and I have written about that too...) :)

SK said...

I did read the one about the kid buying the earthmover. :) I'm thinkin' that would be pretty cool to have on the weekends . . no one will dare "road rage" you.

MC said...

Arjan: I just can't believe #6 was one of the best ones that were submitted.

Matt: Builder's Breakfast. Makes sense really.

SK: I am sure you could get a lot of work doing odd jobs around the neighborhood with one of those.