Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spreading the Word for a Fellow Blogger

Generally, I don't write posts like this, but this is one of those rare occasions where my own selfish need for self-aggrandizement feels less important.

You see, fellow blogger and multiple Transmundanity Award winner Becca from No Smoking in the Skullcave is having a little bit of difficulty getting the scratch together to get a booth at the Wizard World convention because of the current economic situation, and this convention is where she gets the greatest exposure for her artwork.

As someone who has creative ambitions as well, I can totally empathize with the bind she is in, and I want to do everything within my modest power to help.

Recently, she has started a commission drive to raise the funds necessary to attend the event, and I think this is a very good cause.

She has comics, she has prints and she is taking commissions for original artwork at very reasonable prices, and she does quality work. Just take a look at her color art portfolio site and see.

Now, I am not getting anything out of writing this post... I just know that as a fellow traveler in the pop culture blogging village, she needs a little help reaching this goal, which is why I am trying to spread the word.

No comments: