Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 48: Pageant of the Transmundane

There is a theme park in the UK has hired a man specifically to deal with the vomit produced from a single roller coaster. I don't know if that is good marketing or merely good park management.

Is there something weirder this week, something I don't know... a little more transmundane? We shall soon see.

This week's winning entry fell into my lap after I embraced the furry colossus of a beast known as Stumbleupon. The blog entry that won this week came from a site called The Journal of Cartoon Over-analyzations.

There are a number of entries which are strange and yet compelling, but it was the most recent entry which was itself culled from various sources which caught my attention. The premise is that the entire plot of Pokemon is perhaps nothing but the coma-induced Odyssey of a boy who was in a bike accident with that in mind, what everything on the show means from given that perspective. It is a fairly long entry, but also well worth the effort to browse.

And as is the case with every Homer Simpson Transmundanity winner, I find an appropriate picture to go along with it. In this case, I went to the well and found The Simpsons rolling around on the floor in a Tokyo hotel after viewing a seizure inducing segment from a robot related anime show, which was itself a joke referencing a banned episode of Pokemon which caused the same thing to happen to a bunch of kids, so I think it is very fitting.



Congrats J. Cart on this brilliant find.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Arjan said...

I didn't feel up to reading the entire entry, but it's transmundane just by the fact someone thought up such a long and strange story