Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 37: Pageant of the Transmundane

Officials in Lagos, Nigeria arrested a goat on suspicion of car theft. I always knew goats were crafty, if odd looking, animals, but I didn't know they had the ability to drive cars as well. I wonder if that would count as a meal on wheels for a goat. Could this week's winner top that oddity. We shall soon see.

The winning entry this week hails from the warm brown shores of The Regrettable Music Blog, a site which has a tendency to bring the strange to light on a semi-regular basis.

However, this is one of those times when you have to see the item in question with little indication of its content, aside from the fact that it is work safe and a little clue in the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award image. Enjoy the oddity.



Congratulations Darren and everyone else at The Regrettable Music Blog. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

no wonder it's filed under 'disturbing'.

MC said...

I am still trying to figure out the mechanics of the whole thing myself.