Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 32: Pageant of the Transmundane

I read a story about a man who stole a minifridge full of urine samples from a probation office to avoid a drug charge. That is pretty transmundane. Did I find something equally weird for the penultimate Pageant of the Transmundane of 2008? You'll soon see.

This week's winning entry comes from a blog called Hello Kitty Hell, which describes one man's personal battle with Hello Kitty. I have an female friend that is really into Hello Kitty so I can only begin to fathom his pain.

Anyway, someone sent the proprietor of the site a link to something simply horrifying. It is something that will likely scar generations of children: a Hello Kitty Maternity Ward.

And because this week's winner has to do with Hello Kitty, I thought I would bring back this old favorite for this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award, which ironically enough, is also from Hello Kitty Hell.



Congrats to the long-suffering Hello Kitty Husband... your suffering is not in vain.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: