Friday, December 05, 2008

Week 30: Pageant of the Transmundane

I don't really have any real life examples of Transmundanity to report at the top of the awards, but suffice it to day, I think I am in the middle of something that will qualify for that next week. More information to follow (with some of my readers getting a heads up sooner than others).

This week's winning entry is from the pop culture blog Kung Fu Rodeo, a blog that has won this award in the past.

You all know that I love mashup videos, and they have been big winners this competition over the past 130 plus weeks. This time out, a combination of two quintessentially British series, James Bond and Wallace and Gromit produced a video called Quantum of Wallace.

And since this week's winning entry has a James Bond theme, it seems only fitting to use an image of Homer Simpson in a gun barrel opening.



Congratulations Stephen and everyone else at Kung Fu Rodeo for this epic find.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

5 comments:

poppedculture said...

Loved it. Nice find.

Megan said...

GREAT.

MuscularTeeth said...

i noticed you like video mashups.

well thats what i do !

ive got over 40 vids so far so its hard to decide which one to show you but here take a look at THREAT

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=byitbPfupuU

enjoy !

Arjan said...

awesome mash-up!

MC said...

Jeremy: But would you say it was as good as Tom Hanks as James Bond?

Megan: I thought so to ;)

MT: I'll check them out.

Arjan: Agreed.