Friday, August 22, 2008

Spooky how things work out: Tropic Thunder Edition

The original Marcia from The Brady Bunch series, Maureen McCormick, is calling for a boycott of Ben Stiller's movie, Tropic Thunder because her brother has mental disabilities.

Ben Stiller is married to the woman who played Marcia in the Brady Bunch movies, Christine Taylor, and she appeared in Tropic Thunder.

Ben Stiller was also in There Is Something About Mary where he played a guy who was pursuing a relationship with an attractive blonde woman who had a brother with mental disabilities.

5 comments:

J.D. said...

I'm sort of scared now...

Megan said...

Spooky is right!

We saw Tropic Thunder last night. I can't believe people are asking for a boycott. Do they just not get it?

MC said...

J.D: Ah, I had forgotten where you moved to... now I have the updated address listed in my Bloglines... expect more regular visits from me.

Megan: Some people don't want to get it...

Anonymous said...

Robert Downey Jr. cracks me up... he's got a real knack for not taking himself too seriously

MC said...

I think it is his most endearing quality as an actor and a personality.