Friday, June 20, 2008

Week 6: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from the streets of San Francisco. My, there is a lot of storied history here, but as I am not that cultured, well, most of it is lost on me. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Oh look, a hot air balloon... wait, that's Barry Bonds' head.

Anyway, I love a good steal, and this week's winner pulled of a great one. Just hours before this little bad boy was going to be posted, well, Dr. Monkey von Monkerstein scored a coup.

The winning entry is a posted video from the British comedic duo Mitchell and Webb (who are PC and Mac in the British Apple Commercials) featuring the real life version of something I had only seen on South Park, and seeing it fleshed out, well, it brings a whole new level of OMG! to the situation, and in a strange way, it is sort of related.

I just wish I could have found an image of the South Parkified version of Homer, because really, that would have been the most appropriate display image for this award. However, Homer pointing at his ass, well, that is close enough for this Transmundanity Award.



Congratulations Herr Doktor on this wonderful instance of winning by a nose.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Many thanks for my second award. I am swoll up with pride, as we say down here in TN.

Micgar said...

Congrats to Monkey!

MC said...

Dr. MVM: The pleasure is mine.

Micgar: You are doing some fine work yourself.