Saturday, June 07, 2008

Week 4: Pageant of the Transmundane

Usually this space on my blog is used to extend praise to a fellow blogger for a single entry. This is not one of those times.

No. This is one of those rare ceremonies that recognizes an entire specialized blog for its distinct impression on me in the field of Transmundanity.

This week's winner is an art project from the prolific blogger and artist Slinkachu, who recently opened a new exhibitionary blog called Inner City Snail, a site I will not describe as I feel it is something that you really should see.

Now in situations such as this, I usually just handed out a normal award and left it at that. However, it somehow felt incomplete, because if an entire blog wins this award, well, I think that should have a different kind of recognition at the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Awards, and so, I am pleased to present Slinkachu with this special award... The Krusty Lifetime Achievement Award (since in the history of this award, no one has won it again after winning an entire blog recognition).



Congratulations Slinkachu on being the first to be awarded a Krusty.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Micgar said...

Gee- some people are just so ingenious! What a cool idea! I admire anybody that can do art, so along with the concept of the snails and tiny figures, and the scenery/signs, etc, this is really interesting!

Megan said...

Ok, I am so never winning. But it's aiight, because I get to check out stuff like this.

Arjan said...

I love it. Next time he should do other bugs too.

MC said...

Micgar: He does seem to do a lot of astounding miniature work.

Megan: You never can tell when a win is going to pop up. There are quite a few people who got one when they least suspected it.

Arjan: Maybe he will... maybe he will.