Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week 52: Pageant of the Transmundane

Can you believe that we are all once again at the end of another year of Transmundanity? 52 weeks of oddities, bizarre sites and general mayhem that has been inflicted on the series of tubes that is the Internet? Well, that and 52 pictures of Homer Simpson.

But on with the show.

This week's winning entry comes from Peter Lynn's Man Vs. Clown.

I almost don't want to post the title of the entry, because the search traffic that might come in, but considering some of the other things that have won this award, well, for the sake of professionalism, I must.

The post is entitled I Rape Babies. You have to read it... it made me laugh really hard, and to ease your mind, it isn't a photo essay or a recounting of that specific act. I may be a little demented, but I am not that bad.

And after you read the article, well, this Homer Simpson image for the Pageant of the Transmundane will likely make a lot more sense. If you don't read the article, well, it will likely seem a little bit creepy.



Congratulations Peter. Here is your badge... the final badge and entry ticket into the annual Transmundanity Awards, which will be handed out sometime this week.



So now I have to look over 52 weeks worth of entries and figure out which were the best in a number of categories. Won't that be fun.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Peter Lynn said...

Hey, having been neglecting most things related to blogging, I forgot to thank you for this, but I appreciate it. I believe this makes me a two-time winner of the Pageant of the Transmundane!

MC said...

It's cool man. You showed up to accept the award eventually, which makes you just fashionably late.