Saturday, May 03, 2008

Week 51: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from a beach by the ocean. It looks pretty desolate here except I can see something in the distance... it looks like a giant Tim Burton taking a huge dump on the Statue of Liberty. You Maniac! You wrecked Planet of the Apes! Ah, damn you! God damn you to hell Tim Burton!

*ahem*

This week's winning entry comes from the recent annals of Monkey Muck, and like last week, it is another picture, and well, it is special. Dr. Monkey von Monkerstein did some fine fine work. Indeed, it was the perfect intersection of caption and image (and label truth be told). I'll never look at Bruce Vilanch the same way again.

So to go with this week's winning entry, well, I once again found myself mining the depths of Homer Simpson related near nudity, but don't read too much into it. I love Homer, but only as a friend. And just for the record, I liked the maligned band's Passion Play and Thick as a Brick, so it is possible to burn something I like and still win.



So congratulations to the good simian doctor... may this badge serve you well.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Micgar said...

Congrats Monkey!

MC said...

Ook Ook Ook.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Many belated thanks for this award.

MC said...

Your most welcome.