Saturday, March 22, 2008

Week 45: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from the shores of 19th Century Rio De Janeiro. I don't know how I got here, and I don't know when I am leaving, but I might as well make the best of things while I am here.

I saw a lot of weird things this week, but as you know, the personal touch often ends up being the deciding factor, and that is no exception this week.

*opens the envelope*

And the winner is Burbanked.

Voice over: The last time Burbanked won this award was last year, but time was no factor in this victory this week.

Ahem. Enough with that whole Oscar vibe.

You see, Alan put together a wonderfully wry look forward to the blockbusters of the coming summer and noticed something a lot of them had in common. It is nice and biting.

And to commemorate this great moment in cinematic triumph, I thought that showing Homer in a movie theater would the most appropriate image for this particular winning entry (and blog too, as Burbanked is movie related anyway)



Congratulations Alan on this win. And kudos to you for unintentionally self-nominating your entry.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Burbanked said...

Thanks very much for the award, Matt! Each day I aspire to be just a little bit more transmundane than I already am.

MC said...

Transmundanity is a virtue ;)