Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 32: Pageant of the Transmundane

I discovered The J-Walk Blog this week, and after browsing the site for a while, I found something that both creeped me out and really got my attention at the same time. You see, I was not expecting to see a particular piece of stop motion animation. It was sort of like seeing the secret life of bacon, which seems to be alive. It is horrifying really, but I can't look away. I mean, even as I type this, I want to click over to see it again.

And of course, Homer Simpson and bacon's relationship goes a long, long way back, so there is a lot of photo evidence for this delicious combination. So, I thought I would go all the way back to Homer as Adam in the Garden of Eden supping on the freshest bacon around.



Somehow it seems like Culture Kills, Homer Simpson and Bacon are somehow all drawn together into a rather disturbing smoothie of fatty goodness. Anyway, congrats should go out to John Walkenbach for bring this creepy masterpiece to my attention through his blogging work. Huzzah! And to celebrate his win, here is a badge honoring his contribution to transmundanity.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: