Monday, December 31, 2007

How my 2007 Resolutions panned out

At the start of the year, I made a list of 10 Blogging resolutions, and I thought since it was the final day of the year, I thought I would look back at them and see to what degree I was successful in keeping them.

And it seems the perfect transition for tonight's post on my 2007 regrets and tommorrow's new list of resolutions.

Here we go:

1. I will at some point pick up the first season of Veronica Mars on DVD or catch it on the Women's Television Network (for the non-Canadians, yes, it is actually called that).

Um, yeah, that didn't happen. I mean, it really didn't happen. Strike one.

2. Appreciate more art... both commercial and non-commercial.

This actually did happen. I went to a few more exhibitions, bought some books on commercial art and read some theory as well. I think I nailed this one.

3. I will try not to mention Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears for months at a time.

I had some bad times this year with this one, especially with the latter two celebs, but I have been pretty clean as of late so I think that again, I would call this one a success. And I think I can give myself a little bit of leeway on this with the prison sentence, the car theft, the meltdowns... it was sort of hard to ignore them entirely in this line of work.

4. Make fun of entertainment/new programming more.

Yeah, I did this too. I made fun of a lot of programming and movies this year.

5. Talk more about books... hell, I'll try to READ more books.

I read more books this year, but I didn't necessarily talk about them, so I am giving myself half credit for this.


6. I am probably going to be an uncle on Thursday, so perhaps I should be a little more kid-friendly(and resolution #3 should cover that).


Well, according to the readability tests, Culture Kills reads at an elementary school level, and most weeks, my blog is rated PG. Success.

7. Find Religion (I am on track to do this one first... more tomorrow ;) )

I am a Dudeist. What can I say.

8. Go Kitsch... Go Kitsch in a massive, massive way


For a blog with a green tartan background, I could have done so much more in this department so I am giving myself another fail on this.

9. Introduce new recurring features(I got three so far... let's try for five)...

I introduced a few new features, so I think I get to give myself a thumbs up for the year. And expect a new celebrity mashup challenge this week.

10. More podcasts... so many more audio posts.

Now this was the resolution that ended up as an abject failure. I did no podcasts this year. Not a one. So I am full of Fail on this one.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I just got home from my New Year's Party (capitals necessary) and so I am still not sure about your success/failure ratio because I cannot comprehend anything at this moment. I suppose I will read this post again tomorrow (today, actually) and we'll go from there.

Cheers and happy International Bowl.

MC said...

I've been that loaded before... unfortunately, it was never on New Year's Eve ;(

Becca said...

I just finished watching season 3 of Veronica Mars on DVD! Originally I was skeptical about the show but SamuraiFrog ropped me into viewing it and I must say I fell quite in love with it. Just enough noir, just enough drama, perfect characters and perfect dialogue. If you get the chance you should definitely check it out.

MC said...

Well there is all that, and Kristen Bell being cute as hell as well.