Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week 28: Pageant of the Transmundane

I must preface this week's award ceremony with an anecdote. Earlier in the week I encountered a rich, steaming cup of nastiness that was certainly transmundane, but at the same time, I felt that it would not be appropriate to award the hardware to that particular entry as I did not want to be responsible for the cascading consequences of doing so.

Anyhoo, with that in mind, it is time to hand out the hardware this week.

Before this week, I understood the world of letter delivery to be one of the most mundane and straightforward things around.

That is, until I read a particular entry on DavidXC.com which was comprised of two images and a single word.

Check it out and see what I mean, as that is a unique way of getting a letter delivered for free without using that whole "return address, no stamp" scam.

And because this week's winning entry is mail related, well, it seemed appropriate that an image featuring something similar was fitting, and once again, the fine work of Last Exit to Springfield has provided just such a picture for this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award.



Congrats David on bringing something bizarre (and not stomach turning) into my consciousness this week.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: