Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week 15: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from Hangzhou, China. I'm currently scouting an soccer team twelve hours from now, I should be able to get this done, sleep and still have time to watch the game before where I usually write these posts from catches up.

The past few weeks we've have a lot of people picking up their second or better Transmundanity Award, but once again, we are doing what we do best and picking out gems found or created by people who have never been so honored.

This week, Splotchy of I, Splotchy fame not only received some recognition from our fine colleague at Electronic Cerebrectomy, but in the course of my journey through the vast seas of the Internet, I discovered something which I deemed ever so Transmundane. You see, a few weeks back, Splotchy found a creepy clown statue in the restaurant window in suburban Chicago, and well, it is weird and strange and perfect for this award.

Now, seeing as this is clown related, I could have gone down the easy road and just found a picture of Homer dressed up like Krusty the Clown, but really, that wasn't creepy. No, I went a little further out in my definition of Homer to include his work, and what was creepier than the clown bed he lovingly and ineptly built for Bart... a bed that Bart was convinced wanted to eat him. Isn't that more in keeping with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award?



So congrats Splotchy, and in recognition of your first win here at Culture Kills, we have a badge made up to commemorate it.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Splotchy said...

Thanks kindly for this lovely honor!

MC said...

The honor is all mine. *bows*