Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week 14: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from El Paso, Texas. I received an invitation to a golf tournament, but all I can seem to find is Lee Trevino Drive and Pebble Hills Boulevard. It is a strange, strange place, and I want to get out of here as quickly as I can so I will make this quick while I run to the International Airport.

Jen from Casual Slack found a picture that I absolutely adored this week. It has two elements which I am a huge fan of, but I won't tell you what they are until I tell you my reaction.

When I first saw the image, I exclaimed both in real life and in print, "That is the shit!" And indeed it is.

If you read her blog with any regularity, you probably know exactly what picture I am talking about, but if you don't, here goes:

It is Betty White being a total Samuel L. Jacksonesque badass. It is wonderfully surreal to say the least, and something that deserved some recognition.

And to celebrate this win, well, only a shot of Homer and Betty White together would do. Thus, we have a nice promotional drawing from the episode Homerazzi. So, for Jen's second Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award, I think it is a great trophy, don't you?



Congrats Jen, congrats. Huzzah!



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: