Saturday, July 07, 2007

Week 8: Pageant of the Transmundane

We come to you from Mountain View, California from in front of Kapps Pizza. I was just looking at the photos that document the history of this town, but I really doubt you want to hear about that. So, on with the show. Overture, cut the lights etc....

This week's winner is Dean Hunt, who in December 2006 found, as he terms it, a stupid invention. There are a lot of them out there as we all know, but this one was particularly inspired in its idiocy.

You see, it is system designed to discourage people from pulling a fire alarm as a prank, as it locks the person who pulled it to the alarm box until a policeman or fireman lets them out. Yeah, it is as stupid as it sounds.

And with the Simpsons having quite a few fire-related scenes, I thought I would go with one that was a little more obscure, one which I found over at Last Exit to Springfield. I am pleased to present Dean with his first Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award.



Congratulations Dean, your find earned you this award. I know you don't like badges and other stuff like that, but that is what the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award comes with for those who do.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: