Thursday, July 26, 2007

Six Degrees of July 26th Birthdays

While I was at the IMDB today, I noticed that today's birthdays were really a who's who of actors, and I thought to myself that there have been a lot of celebrity birthday posts amongst my peers, and well, it was time I jumped on the bandwagon. Of course, I did it with my own twist.

You see, I am a great fan of the game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, and since I missed his birthday earlier this month(it was July 8th), I thought I would see if I was knowledgeable enough about movies to link all the featured actors on the birthday list together(aside from Canadian actress Miriam McDonald who is the odd person out on the list).

I did not consult the Oracle of Bacon... I got stuck twice(one of which was the link to make it come full circle) and had to consult the IMDB, but other than that, this full circle birthday six degrees is all my mental handywork.

So let's begin(actors with birthdays in bold):

Helen Mirren(62) was in Door to Door with William H. Macy
Macy and Jason Robards were in Magnolia with Tom Cruise
Cruise starred in Eyes Wide Shut which was directed by Stanley Kubrick
Kubrick also directed Full Metal Jacket which featured Vincent D'Onofrio
D'Onofrio was in Feeling Minnesota with Keanu Reeves
Reeves was in Speed with Sandra Bullock(43)
Bullock was in A Time to Kill with Kevin Spacey(48)
Spacey was in The Life of David Gale with Kate Winslet
Winslet was in Enigma with Mick Jagger(64)
Jagger was in Bent with Ian McKellen
McKellen was in Cold Comfort Farm with Kate Beckinsale(34)
Beckinsale was in Serendipity with Jeremy Piven(42)
Piven was in Kiss the Girls with Brian Cox
Cox was in Rushmore with Olivia Williams(39)
Williams was in Lucky Break with Bill Nighy
Nighy was in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Helen Mirren

Now the funny thing is, as I did this, well, all sorts of other connections started popping into my mind, so this may not even be the most efficient full circle list I could put together if I really took the time to think about some of the smaller appearances. I mean, I bet looking at the birthdays, you could see some connections that initially slipped my mind. I do have to say that this was sort of fun to do as well. Perhaps I will do it again on another day that is chock full of notable celebrity birthdays.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

I love me some Six Degrees.

MC said...

Perhaps we'll play sometime.