Saturday, May 19, 2007

Y2, Week 1: Pageant of the Transmundane

Well, we've all come around full circle and here we are again starting at the beginning of a new year of transmundanity. What splendors can we expect to encounter? What strange mysteries will be explored? What will Mr. Fab do to top a banana and yogurt? What ever the answers to those questions is, it will be fun finding out.

And to start of this new year with a bang, I am not giving the award to a single entry this week but to a whole blog, something I have done twice in the past. And like those times, the entire concept behind a blog is so brilliant that it is transmundane across the board.

That blog is Calls for Cthulhu, a faux call-in show hosted by the most famous of H.P. Lovecraft's creations. It is cute and creepy all wrapped into one package. It is one part vlog and one part traditional blog, and the character work is pitch perfect. It is just such a great total package.

And since the Simpsons doesn't have any Cthulhu characters on it, well, I had to go with plain old Evil Homer for this first Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award this year. Huzzah!



Congrats Brandon. You've earned this award and set a high standard for the rest of the year.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Cool a new year has begun and what a great start! Calls to Cthulu cracks me up!

MC said...

It sort of reminds me of a sock puppet show we have up here in Canada called Ed the Sock... but better.

BrandG said...

Wow, I. . . oh, I just don't know what to say. I mean, thank you. There's so many people to thank. I'd like to thank the academy, and the director, and my parents, and my hairstylist, and the dread lord Cthulhu, and H.P. Lovecraft
(Music starts getting louder)
And I just want to say, you have to learn to hate, and the silverback mountain gorillas are dying off at an alarming-
(kindly guided offstage)

MC said...

Brandon, you are just the kind of winner I like to see.