Saturday, April 28, 2007

Week 50: Pageant of the Transmundane

Can you believe it is only two more weeks until the annual Transmundanity voting begin... I certainly can't. Seems like it was yesterday that I was first handing this award out.

So, this is one of those rare occasions where I don't tell a picaresque travel tale before divulging the particulars of the winning entry this week.

Notcot.com discovered a piece of table gaming gold that I would have been remiss if I passed over this week. So what wowed me this week enough that I just had to honor it?

How about a Foosball table that pits historical and literary good against evil. As a student of history and lit, well, I had to give some e-love to that table... as expensive and rare as it is.

I should also note that the only time I play foosball is when have been drinking, and usually at those times, it is an internal battle between good and evil, so yes, this seemed like the most appropriate graphic at least in my mind for this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award. I knew eventually I would get one of those folksy things into this ceremony somehow.



Congratulations to the crew at NotCot. Here is a badge to honor your victory this week.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: