Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 48: Pageant of the Transmundane

Welcome to the wonderful world of, let's see here... Tulsa, Oklahoma. OK, scratch wonderful and the idea of worldly as well. You get on one wrong plane, and this is what happens.

Anyway, while I wait for the lawsuit from their Tourist board, I thought that now would be as good a time as any to hand out an award.

This week's winner was found in amongst the stacks at quixoticals, a blog created by Christopher Trottier. The subtitle is "a gallery of unusual things", and we here reward the unusual, even if it is rooted in something that is mundane, thus transmundane. In this case, it involves bacon and eggs.

Now Homer would say MMMMMMMMMM to bacon and eggs, I know, but not like this. Sometimes I tell you what the link is going to be about, and sometimes I don't, and this is one of those things you have to see to believe. All I am going to say.

The image chosen to represent this find is also cryptic, but should indicate that you should be afraid. In truth, I couldn't find an appropriate bacon or egg-based image, so this will have to do for this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award.



Congrats Christopher. You shocked me good and that is worth a prize.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Christopher Trottier said...

Thank you for the reward. Today has been quite surreal for me. First I get onto the front page on Digg, and now this. It's always nice to be recognized.

If I was to nominate the best picture on my blog, though, it would be this apparatus for facillitating the birth of a child by centriffugal force. Just spin the "device" and hope for the best.

MC said...

Well, I will tell you this... showing up to claim the award almost always improves your odds of winning another one. I see bright things in your future with this award.