Saturday, March 31, 2007

Week 46: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello. Today we come to you from the scenic gardens before the Crystal Palace... or where it used to be rather. Again, my travel agent is going to hear about this. Anyway, I shouldn't let these conditions deter me from handing out an award this week.

This week, I discovered a blog called Brass Goggles, which celebrates the joyous anachronisms of Steampunk, and as someone who has a degree covering that period, well, it is interesting stuff to me, what with all the gears and cranks and brass.

Now, I admit that at times I am rather hard to impress, but somehow Tinkergirl, while perusing another forum discovered a most magnificent piece of firearm artistry: a Scrollwork engraved MP5K. Being Canadian, I am not huge on guns, but looking at that piece of work makes even me wonder if I've been mistaken these past few decades. I am in awe.

And in honor of this sense of wonder I feel, I just had to go with a bit of Homer Simpson iconography that represented that 19th century feeling. Some of you may recognize it as something you've seen rather recently. I am pleased to award this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award to Tinkergirl. Huzzah!



Congratulations Tinkergirl. Here is a badge that you are free to use on your own site if you wish.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: