Saturday, March 24, 2007

Week 45: Pageant of the Transmundane

Welcome to the Wonderful World of... Pismo Beach? How did we end up here? I guess I should have taken that turn at Walla Walla. I really have to fire that travel agent.

Anyway, on with the show (Overture, cut the lights... ) This week's winner is A Biscuit of Many Parts, this blog's first win. How was victory achieved this week? Paul discovered a blog that dissects douchebaggery, and in reviewing it, he just let the site do the talking. As with the videos and images that have won this award, sometimes minimalism is the best way to go.

I wanted Homer in the pink shirt, but somehow this picture felt fitting. I don't know why, but it just leapt out of the collection this week(probably because Homer is showing a little douchebaggery himself there), and I just had to use it. So this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award is a bit embarrassing... much like getting caught in a photo with a douchebag.



Congrats Paul. You've almost won it a few times, and now here you are in the winner's circle.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

7 comments:

Pepper said...

I'm honored to be awarded such a prestigious recognition. I'd like to thank all the douchebags of the world who made this all possible.

MC said...

Douchebaggery--- ahem--- Excelsior!

Semaj said...

Great find, MC, those pictures are great. I also loved the link. Sadly, I've worked with a few of these type of Douchebags.

Maven said...

Congratulations to Paul! I agree, about the blogworthiness of that DB site:) I visit it frequently:)

MC said...

Semaj: You have to admit it is better than BEING one of those douchebags.

Maven: And alas, his entry brought the whole phenomenon to my attention.

robkroese said...

What a great idea for a site. Those are some hot and very dumb chicks.

MC said...

I read your comment over at Biscuit... I couldn't agree more.