Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 43: Pageant of the Transmundane

Well, given the odor in the air, there are very few places this week's ceremony is taking place, though I suspect that we are somewhere in Northern New Jersey. Hopefully they aren't filming the Sopranos here, but you never know.

And if this is New Jersey, well, this week's winner is very close to this area. You see, Max Power at The Fifth Column posted an entertaining account of what he is going to do with the 370 million dollars he won recently. While I am envious of his recent winfall, I am more jealous about his ability to write an entertaining article.

So it is with great pride that I award the Fifth Column their first Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for putting their money where their mouth was. Huzzah!



And if you remember, Max Power was also what Homer Simpson legally changed his name to in one particular episode, so again, this is a fitting award.



Congrats Max.


The rules of this little contest:
Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my money for giving me this wonderful award. I have dispatched my blimb to your town to thank you publicly. I closing, I truly deserve this award. I am the greatest.

Max Power

MC said...

Just don't let Barney take the controls... all I am saying.

Maven said...

Congrats!! Welcome to the club:)

MC said...

It is a nice little club, isn't it?