Wednesday, March 14, 2007

24 Movie-Related Questions from Culture Kills

Samuraifrog picked up the Charlie Brown Anime thing I put up a few weeks ago, and since turnabout is fair play, I took this meme off his blog for my own.

This is the result.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Hmmm... I saw 100 Girls about 60 times when it was on cable, and when I was a kid, I watched Willow a great number of times, though recently, it would probably be A Bridge Too Far, The Good The Bad and The Ugly and The Warriors.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Sin City. That was something I just had to see again and again.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.


Jean Reno, Ving Rhames and Paul Bettany have gotten my ass into a seat or to the rental counter for one of their movies.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

I won't name one particular actor/ess because a category does it better. Scientologists.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Well, the Big Lebowski comes immediately to mind, though A Knight's Tale, Pulp Fiction and Raising Arizona also float to the top.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Um, musicals aren't really part of my movie background, so this is a tough, tough question. I have to pass.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

Kill Bill... seriously. I know all the English language songs.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Krzysztof Kieslowski's Trois couleurs: Blanc

9. Name a movie that you own.

I take this to mean in a way like that article about movies owning songs.... so what movie does everyone think of when they know me... The Big Lebowski, because I am Dude-like and if you haven't seen it, I show it to you.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.


Former football player Terry Crews. He is a joy to watch as he is very expressive as a comedic actor, especially in his recent television gig as Chris Rock's father on Everybody Hates Chris. Apparently he is also an accomplished painter as well.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

The age of the drive in ended just before I could experience it.

12. Ever made out in a movie?


Guilty on multiple counts. I don't know if having Showgirls on the list of movies that this took place in is a good thing or a bad thing.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.


I haven't seen a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings film after their first installments.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

I've never walked out of a movie. I almost walked out of XXX: State of the Union.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

E.T. If it wasn't for the "in the theatre" part, well, this would be a much longer list.

16. Popcorn?

Yes please.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

I have to really want to see it to go to the theatre now. I like the extras DVD's provide.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Smokin' Aces

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?


Good Action movies with Comedy coming a close second.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?


Snow White in 1983

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Mission Impossible II... blech!

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Julie Taymor's Titus

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

The Thing still gives me the creeps.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Raising Arizona is to me a masterwork in the comedic arts.

If anyone else wants to do this, go for it. No tagging is involved.

7 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

Excellent list; I'll take some of those movies as recommendations, because there were a few I haven't seen. And now I've got two lines in my head.

"The Pope may be French, but Jesus is English."

"I don't know. Maybe it was Utah."

Good stuff.

Semaj said...

Great list, I agree 100% with you on the Scientologists comment. The more I learn about this group the less I want to see movies with them starring in it.

Hmm, I nearly walked out Judge Dreadd and Miami Vice.

This was a good list, I'll have to come up with my own answers.

MC said...

SamuraiFrog: And in thinking about a Knight's Tale, I now know I should have put Laura Fraser on my list for actors I would see a movie for(as she is also in Titus as Lavinia).

Semaj: Ugh... Judge Dredd... yeah, that one was a winner.

Anonymous said...

I've walked out on only two movies to the best of my memory. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Stir of Echoes.

MC said...

I didn't love Stir of Echoes, but I didn't hate it that much either. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, well, that is one for the legs.

Anonymous said...

My problem was I loved the book, and the film? Well, let's just say it wasn't the book.

MC said...

Oh I forgot there was a book. That does indeed make a compelling argument then, especially given one of my burning questions(about the worst adaptations one has seen).