Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week 40: Pageant of the Transmundane

It is that same bat place, same bat channel, so you all know what that means. It is time to exalt the transmundane in a festival we call the Pageant of the Transmundane, and seeing we all recently went through the ides of February, well, naturally Valentine's Day is involved in the selection process. However it was not a piece of work that denigrated love but rather one that celebrated it in a unique way that won my heart and earned this particular entry a prize this week.

This week's winner was found on Man vs. Clown, a blog written by Peter Lynn that is part of the new Cracked magazine's online domain. Now, you know I had to be impressed, and well, he did indeed do something a little odd, but totally worth the effort.

You see, he did something a little unusual for Valentine's Day... he recreated Robert Burn's "A Red, Red Rose" using a candy heart generator and then posted it on his blog. It looks like it was a mammoth effort, and I applaud it. It is both romantic, which I respect, and obsessively quirky enough really grab my attention. It is stellar work indeed.

So in honor of wowing me this week Peter, I am pleased to award you the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award this week in the form of Homer romantically dancing with Marge.



And here is a badge to show off your win(though given the fact that it is a Cracked blog, I would wholly understand if you didn't want to display it).


Congratulations Peter!

The rules of this little contest:
Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: