Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week 27: Pageant of the Transmundane

Greetings from Tucson, site of the 27th ceremony for this ultra-prestigious award. It is cool and dry, but I fear it will be sweltering in the morning, so let's get this thing under way before we all sweat out of our formal clothes.

This week's winner comes from a site that is a recent addition to the Culture Kills sidebar, Flotsam/Jetsam. Jimmycanuck stumble onto the tale of a cat enema that went horribly awry... with crayon illustrations to take you through the tale step by step. It is a thing to behold indeed, and I think it altered my basic brain chemistry, it's just that good.

So for a cat-related entry, I have a cat-related Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award picture... poor Snowball is a tough kitty, after all, he takes quite the beating from Homer.

Homer punches Snowball

Congratulations Jimmy on your award.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: