Saturday, October 07, 2006

Week 21: Pageant of the Transmundane

Greetings from the Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It is this committee of one's pleasure to present this award in yet another college town, don't you know.

This week's winner allowed me to see just how committed someone could be to both the fantasy that is marriage and to providing a special memory above that of a larger wedding ceremony.

You see, Melanie in Orygun brought to my attention a sweet sweet cake, in the shape of one of my most beloved of fantasy worlds, the Discworld.

How could I fail to recognize that, especially given the quality of the work involved? Therefore, I am pleased to award Melanie for this great find.

homer snatches some cake

Congratulations Melanie on winning your first Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award.

week

The approximate coding is available here.

The rules of this little contest
: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Hayull, yeah! I didn't even think about the Pageant when I saw that pic... can't even remember whose blog I saw it on... but dayum, that's just - well, I'd say 'icing, etc.' but that's lame.
So, uh, that ROCKS! Thanks!

Mel said...

Ohyeah! It was No_Nym, who was guest posting for Bitch Ph.D! And I even credited them in the post! WHHHEEEEW.
I have been up... too... long.
Dude.

Semaj said...

Those cakes were interesting, yet strange at the same time.

I do like all the Detail put into those cakes, makes someone not want to eat it.

Good find as always

MC said...

Mr. Fab: hehehe... hopefully lemurs aren't involved.

Mel: Hope you get some sleep.

semaj: Well, think about it this way. If it didn't get eaten, it would get all drippy and gross, so it should be consumed before it got to that stage.

Debbie said...

yaaay, Mel! :)

MC said...

Thanks for the comment lildb :)