Saturday, September 09, 2006

Week 17: The Pageant of the Transmundane

Welcome to Weehauken once again. Unfortunately, Lindsay Lohan, our planned host was delayed in London for some reason, so I am going to have to present the award once again.

This week's winner is the biting satirical site, The Spine, a place that has almost won on a few occasions. But this week, I saw something so good, I could no longer deny David the prize. With an excellent photoshopped image and accompanying story regarding the split between Paramount and Tom Cruise, he hit comedy gold... and it is more than a little believable. After seeing the picture, I now understand why Mr. Cruise felt compelled to jump on Oprah's couch with such child-like exuberance. And what is funny is David was in essence competing against himself as I also read a deftly written piece regarding Pam Anderson that almost claimed the top prize, so I had a tough choice to make, but I think I made the right one in the end.

Homer the Movementarian



So I would like to heap congratulations on David, and I hope he enjoyed pulling in the hardware this week.

Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award: Week 17



The relevant coding is available here.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

Note: If you are having trouble leaving comments through your blogger ID, please try the "other" setting. Thank you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh. Many thanks for this award. It was so unexpected. And what makes it so special is that I beat David, who seems to plague me at every turn. ;)

Semaj said...

That was a great pic, David. And, good find by MC.

MC said...

David: Yes, damn that handsome fellow... he is your worst nemesis, he is, he is, but you got the drop on him this time around.

Semaj: And someday you will pull in the hardware, you know that right?