Saturday, July 01, 2006

Week 7: Pageant of the Transmundane

Well, we all know what time of the week it is, don't we? It's time for a little pageantry, a little bit of transmundanity... in short, it is time for me to give out an award.

This week, I was wowed by a weird product from Sveden. Intrepid reader and awesome blogger Michelle from My Secret Underground Society discovered an odd pair of children's toys. You have to see this to believe it. Personally, I would have thought it was some odd item for Spencer Gifts, but alas, it is made for the kiddies.

Now, if you went to the e-tailer listed in her entry, I am going to wait a second before continuing, as I have a feeling there is a collective shutter going through my audience just at the moment.

It is the sort of thing that makes you ask: Do you really want your kids playing with their pee and poo. I can just imagine those sessions with a psychiatrist later in life for the children that played with these things, and Michelle makes a good point too: "The last thing I'd want to see is my child chewing on a stuffed turd."

Amen. That would be freaky and wrong on so many levels and I couldn't agree with you more. In fact, the image of a child doing just that will haunt my nightmares for quite a while now.

Now, since it was a foreign product write-up that won the award, it seemed fitting that this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity award would be Mr. Sparkle Homer.

homer, mr. sparkle

Congratulations Michelle and I hope you enjoy the award.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your entry up and award-ready.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute toys! I wonder if Michelle has also seen the tampon doll (http://www.mypapercrane.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1) or my favorite, the collection of Living Dead dolls (http://www.livingdeaddolls.com/). Golly, where were these great toys when I was a kid?

MC said...

Anomie, I think you have just successfully upped the ante on this whole thing... and that was tough to do. Congrats!