Saturday, July 29, 2006

Week 11: Pageant of the Transmundane

At the beginning of this week, I thought I had seen a rather easy winner but a later entry changed the lay of the land so to speak.

Given that, I have to say that this is the most appropriate Homer Simpson Transmundanity Awards I have ever given out.

Why? Because I am giving a prize related to the Simpsons to a post/product featuring the titular character of the award.

You see, Karl over at Secondhand Trytophan visited Hilly from Snackie's World, and brought her an unusual but most exceptional gift. It was a clock, but unlike some of the other experiments in time that either resulted in the clock melting or Homer hurtling through time and space thanks to a shoddy repair job on a toaster, this is sheer brilliance. It is a cuckoo clock substituting the bird with Homer and the house with Moe's Tavern done up in a Alpine style. Of course, Homer only goes cuckoo and doesn't say it, but considering it is a bar, the North American Bald Dunce's favorite habitat, its natural call of exuberance, Woo-Hoo!, can be heard on the hour every hour.

It is truly exquisite, and it is award-winning now.

For this state of utter euphoria I feel seeing that clock in action, I hearby award Karl Erikson this week's award. It's been a long-time coming, you would agree. Ah, the joys of being the single panel member of an award committee.

Homer Hangin' it High


Congrats Karl... and maybe the View will call you when by the time you get back from Blogher. Certainly no Re-Neducation is necessary.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Karl winning this weeks award by getting me the most unusual yet appropriate houseguest gift he could have ever bestowed upon a Homey loving freakshow like myself =)

Homer said woohoo 10 times after Karl flew away and it was sadly apropriate!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I felt it was an incredibly appropriate gift, seeing as how Hilly is the biggest Simpsons fan ever. I am honored. I've been *this* close to this award forever now. It's better than an Oscar.

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be a selected post or can it be a blog concept? Cause I have a blog in mind but it's the idea that I think is funny, not necessarily the day to day stuff.

MC said...

Snackie: Well, I am sure your Commander Cool slippers are in good company with or without the clock. My Homer bottle opener and Simpsons Dorito Can are jealous of that clock.

Karl: Well, you did introduce or have a part in the first two winning entries, so yes, you were close for a while(and you and Hilly in the car almost won a little while back)

Though I would never say that this award is better than an Oscar... maybe a Grammy, but not an Oscar.

Janet: A precedent for that has been set, so yes, I would consider an entire blog for the award. Send in the link and I'll take a look.