Thursday, May 25, 2006

Creepy Dark Comic: The Perry Bible Fellowship

When I first heard the name Perry Bible Fellowship a few days ago, I thought it was going to be some lame Family Circus-type comic that I would read a few of and then quickly discard.

But what I found there was a well-executed and written bit of black humor and dark commentary, which brought something which I thought was missing from comics since Watterson retired from doing Calvin and Hobbes... a variety of art styles.

And like Rehabilitating Mr. Wiggles, it is not for all tastes. It is bloody and profane and strange, and the humor may not appeal to you. But if you like your comics dark, you may find a few gems that you will treasure.

Personally, I really liked the ones called Mice Gun and Bumble buzzin'.

No comments: