Saturday, April 05, 2008

Week 47: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from Heathrow Airport. I just missed getting hit by a supermodel's cell phone so I am a little flustered at the moment, however, I still have enough presence of mind to complete this week's ceremony. Yes, I am that good.

This week's winner is Jim from FJetsam, who is no stranger to this award, having won it last 27 weeks ago. Wow, has it been that long? I guess it has.

Anyway, he recently got Rickrolled by the Muppets... and he loved it. And I have to respect someone that enjoys getting rickrolled, because the last time that concept came up, well, it was an enjoyable experience for me as well. I mean, nothing wrong with a quality rickroll... as long as it doesn't appear on the label of a soft drink that is.

And since this week's award has to do with Muppets and Rick Astley, I went with Homer Simpson vs. Big Bird. I think it is a good Pageant of the Transmundanity match... and it doesn't carry with it the psychic scars of Elmo hanging himself in Alcatraz, because no one needed to see that.



Congrats Jim. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

6 comments:

Arjan said...

can't seem to get the link working :(

MC said...

hmmmm... seems to work for me.

Tuffy said...

"just missed getting hit by a supermodel's cell phone"

Hahahahaha! How could you tell? Was she Kate Moss?

MC said...

No, it was Naomi Campbell... and she can't fly any more.

Micgar said...

I couldn't open the link either...

MC said...

At the moment, it is the first post at http://fjetsam.com/

:)