Monday, May 14, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award

Becca over at No Smoking in the Skullcave has given me a wonderful honor. She has given me the Thinking Blogger Award, a distinction I am very pleased to receive.



I had seen it making the rounds and I was waiting for it to tap me on the shoulder, because everyone likes to be told that they are interesting and you make someone think, don't they? It was like some crazy blogger game of duck, duck, goose that kept passing me by and now I finally get to have some of that sweet, sweet glory.

The rules of the award as explained to me:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.


And in keeping with the rules, I have to choose 5 bloggers that make me think, and given the wide variety of blogs that I read, well, that is a difficult field to narrow down to just 5.

In no particular order(and 80% Canadian Content too... take that CRTC):


The Reasonable Ego: Sinister Dan, the secret identity of a philosopher who had to seek real work, weaves the world together with wisely chosen words and witty asides.

fjetsam: The team of six bloggers write for fjetsam, each with a unique point of view, and led by the extremely erudite (and prolific) Jim Squires. Much a pondering is going on here.

Paul Levinson's Infinite Regress: Dr. Paul Levinson is the chair of Communication and Media Studies at Fordham University, a noted Science Fiction author and frequent sparring partner with cable news pundits. He has quite a few web addresses, but Infinite Regress is the more down-to-earth one, as it is filled with tv and movie recaps and various other good stuff for the pop culture junkies out there.

Popped Culture: Jeremy Barker does have a way with words and ideas and I always feel like I learn something new when I read his work. And his love the of the Simpsons, well, that helps too.

Gor[b]: Paul Gorbould is a digital archivist for the CBC, and having access to that much information warps a brain. That warping has resulted in an entertaining and thought-provoking blog.

While it is better to give than receive, it is damn nice to receive sometimes. So this is what winning feels like.

12 comments:

Jeremy Barker said...

Why thanks MC, much appreciated! I will give this a think (groan) and see what I come up with. Hopefully soonish.

MC said...

I've seen your sidebar... there are many, many quality entries for you to choose from.

Paul Gorbould said...

Much appreciated also, MC! It's this sort of thing that inspires more effort and more thoughtful blogging in the future - always a good thing. I'll pick my five today. Thanks bud.

MC said...

You're Welcome Paul.

SinisterDan said...

I want to thank you genuinely for this, MC. Given the level that I know you think at, it's no mean compliment to be added to your list.

Now I'll need to go do my own.

Thanks again

MC said...

We haven't had a good spar lately, have we? It is almost as if we are missing a cog in our discussion, is it not?

Jim Squires said...

I'd thank you, but I've earned it. :P

Seriously though - muchos grassy ass. Flattery will get you everywhere Mr. Caverhill. EVERYWHERE.hgttp:/

I can't wait to put my list up! Hopefully I'll get a chance to later today. Make sure to read it -- you might see a few faces you know! :)

MC said...

See, it is that kind of arrogance that wins awards.

Jim Squires said...

lol.. indeed it is. my list is up for anyone looking for a little additional reading. ;)

MC said...

And I noticed a familiar name on it too.

Jeremy Barker said...

Both gor[b] and I both tagged Dead Things ON Sticks in our awards. Small world.

MC said...

Let's make it even smaller. The blogger in question is working on a show called Across the River to Motor City... and that describes where I live.