Saturday, April 21, 2007

Week 49: Pageant of the Transmundane

Well, the truck we were riding in broke down near some tobacco fields, and I can see by the moon that it is once again time to hand out some electronic-based awards.

Once again, we find ourselves in fjetsam country, which is also flavor country(YEAH, BOOOYYYYYYYEEE!). Sorry, I had to quote the Flav there.

So what did Jim Squires find that was so earthshattering that it awoke me from the stunning media bombardment I've been trying to withstand?

Why a mashup of some of the live Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles music shows from about 15-20 years ago and a hardcore song(Never Back Down by Throwdown). And to me, the lyrics are what make this one so fun(as it is a kid's show and the word bastards gets tossed out a lot).

And since turtles are involved, well, the episode where Homer was wandering the desert of his mind after eating chili made with peppers grown by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum seemed to be the best place to get the image(as I too am lost in the wilderness). So it is that a turtle shall be this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award this week. Huzzah!



Congrats Jim and the crew at fjetsam. One more away from a triple crown and just three weeks away from the annual award.




The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Karl said...

Holy crap, that rocks!

Semaj said...

I agree, the lip movements were pretty tight. That was strange, but well put together.

Side Note: I always hated the Turtles Coming Out of their Shell Tour, that was the official jumping of the Shark for me after that.

David said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

MC said...

Karl: Indeed it does ;)

Semaj: That's what it was called... I couldn't remember what the tour was called.

David: I'll look into it.